The membership care team is composed of over 70 church members.
- Both men and women who are committed to supporting members of our church family in a variety of ways.
- There are 8 different small groups that are designed to allow team members to select the one that best utilizes their skills and available time.
- This is one of the best ways to get to know other members of our church family and to serve God in a meaningful way.
We have a great time serving each other and our church. We would love to have you on one of our teams.
- The kitchen crew usually works one time a month for about 2 hours (day and time to be determined by members) to organize the kitchen.
- The card ministry team is composed of several members who take one week every 4-5 weeks to send a card (cards and postage provided by the church) to members who have a need when notified by the church office.
- The cooking crew members make a casserole or dessert once every 6-8 weeks to put in the church freezer to be used for church family members when they have a need.
- The visitation team members visit nursing homes, hospitals, or the homes of shut-ins about once every 4-6 weeks with a flower or other memento to be provided by the church.
- The new member packet team members meet once every 2-3 months to prepare packets and then take turns delivering them with a dozen freshly baked cookies to new members the week after they join the church.
- The visitor bag team members meet every 4-6 weeks to fill bags with pens, pencils, an Upper Room magazine, FUMC magnet, FUMC coffee mug, and information about our church for first time visitors to pick up on their way out of the service.
- The church wide dinner team members sign up to either decorate, cook, or clean up for about 4 or 5 church wide meals per year.
- The bereavement team members provide meals for members when they have lost a family member and wish to have a family meal either at the church or at their home before or after the funeral service. Members do not prepare the food but order it from local restaurants or use food from the freezer that has already been prepared by the cooking crew.